New MSB - Appalachian Coal in Virginia

Thu Jul 10 18:27:48 EDT 2014

In case you aren't aware, Morning Sun Books has released Volume 2 of Everett Young's Series on Appalachian Coal, in Virginia. The book is 128 pages long, is all color and focuses more on NS and its predecessors than CSX. There is extensive coverage of the Clinch Valley Dist, including the Coal Creek Br. and the Dumps Creek Br. Also covered for N&W fans are the Buchanan, Levisa, Dismal Creek and Big Creek Branches. As part of the Southern, the former Interstate RR is also covered.

All images are post 1970 or there abouts through today.

MSRP is $59.95. I highly recommend it to any diesel coalfield fan and modeler.

In the Forward, it does state that West Virginia will be next. I'm hoping that will be a two if not three part offering.

Regards,
Russ Goodwin
Buford, GA