seeking information about Abingdon Branch

Wed Jul 9 20:21:40 EDT 2014

Next month the Green Cove Station on the Virginia Creeper Trail will
be 100 years old. It is the only existing station of the former
Abingdon Branch of the Norfolk and Western Railroad. It is now a
visitor's center and small museum with some of Winston Link's prints
and other artifacts of the steam era.

I took several pictures in March 1977 of the last few runs of the
Virginia Creeper, but did not record names and dates. I am trying to
find the names of the engineers and brakemen, the numbers of the
engines, and the dates of each of the last six runs on the Abingdon
Branch. These are diesel engines and there was no passenger service
at that time.

If you can help me with this information or direct me to someone who
has it, I would appreciate it.  Thanks.

Mike Smith

---