AM&O 1874 Listing in Official Guide

Wed Jun 18 12:34:10 EDT 2014

Aubrey,

Your memory is just fine, but I can tweak it a bit from a section headed, "Comparative Time-Table" in a reprint of the 1868 Guide.

When it is noon at Washington, it would be:

  12:03pm in Norfolk
  11:50am in Petersburg
  11:51am in Lynchburg
  Bristol is not listed--and most egregious of all, Big Lick is not listed either (of course, there was no connection at Big Lick in 1868)
  11:33am in Knoxville
Gordon Hamilton
  Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:05 AM
  Subject: Re: AM&O 1874 Listing in Official Guide

  The time reference page I am speaking of has a list of major railroad cities and their individual differences from Washington time. For example, when it was noon in Washington, it was 12:01 in Norfolk, 11:58 in Lynchburg, 11: 30 in Bristol and so on.  These are not the actual times listed because I am going from memory of when I saw it years ago.

  Aubrey  Wiley