Carbo Yard

Tue Jun 17 17:58:30 EDT 2014

Evan

The N&W Clinch Valley Dist book by Ed Wolfe (with Paul Mandlekern and Bocky Wilson) has some info on ops out of the Carbo area. I just am not in front of the book to point you to a specific chapter or pages.

Regards
Russ Goodwin
Buford Ga

Sent from my Galaxy S®III

Hello, I'm looking for information on how N&W operated Carbo Yard.  How many trains during would usually operate out of the yard, especially during the 60's and 70's?  I presume most of them would have worked the Dump's Creek Branch especially after Sandy Ridge Tunnel opened, but did Carbo host trains that would work other places as well?  Thank you for any help, and have a nice day!

Evan Miller