MU consist logic

Thu Apr 17 07:46:21 EDT 2014

Harry and Carl,

This story brings back a vivid memory when I was once assigned to work outage duty at Bellevue and Supt. Billy Joe Hoopes assigned me a train from Bellevue to Fort Wayne. Someone had wiped out track north of Fort Wayne when they had an axle wrung off. Mr. Hoopes asked me if I get some new rail to the location "as fast as I could". I had one GP 35 and two cars of rail. I made it over the 60 some miles in less than an hour........However, I spent the next two days moving a crane, with one move about every hour, laying the new rail....
Skip

--
SKIP SALMON