where to start?

Sun Apr 13 16:57:18 EDT 2014

Hello, everybody!

Little did I know that attending a cookout at a local farm would bring me
across a skeleton of a caboose!

I've attached photos. Some may be of little consequence. What I could
make out on the frame was an old painted stencil "N&W 518067".

The trucks were stamped Southern Ry.

So, where do I start for more information?

The owner is interested in its history, and then its structure. How much
restoration he does depends upon how well the original interior would lend
itself to his needs. On the mechanical side I'm interested in the brake
linkage. Some of that seems to be removed and/or damaged.

Thanks,

Kim Hensley
Huntsville, AL

Moderator: