FW: Blue Ridge Chapter, NRHS Donation to the Town of Boones Mill, Virginia after it announces matching grant opportunity in its fundraising push to move and restore the historic Boones Mill Depot

Wed Mar 19 06:56:39 EDT 2014

Friends of the Blue Ridge Chapter, NRHS,
At last night's regular monthly meeting the members of the Blue Ridge
Chapter, NRHS in Lynchburg, Va. voted to donate $1,000.00 {one thousand
dollars} to the fund to save and restore the former N&W station in Boones
Mill, Va. Giving the historic significance of this N&W wooden depot the BRC
members felt that they couldn't watch the depot be destroyed. Once she's
gone she's gone forever and forever is a very long time! Assuming that you
feel the same way that the BRC members feel, your help is needed ASAP! The
hard deadline for making your donations is May 1, 2014! So our donation
will count and will help save the station, railroad historical groups and
interested individuals are being requested by the members of the Blue Ridge
Chapter to make whatever donation that you feel comfortable with to help
save this historic railroad landmark for the fine folks of Boones Mill. I
know that every time that you turn around someone is asking for a donation
to preserve this or that. I guess it comes with the territory. It relates
to how old we are and the age of the things we grew up loving. As we get
older, the locos, cars and railroad structures do also. As we fall apart so
do they! Sad, but true! Ha! I'll add to the comment I made earlier. Once
those of us that have fond memories of the "railroad stuff" we grew up with
are gone there will be nobody left to save the "railroad stuff". The
"railroad stuff" will be gone forever and forever is a very long time!
Details to make your donation are elsewhere in this email. Every donation
counts towards this goal, no matter the amount.
Thanks for your consideration,
Norris Deyerle
Blue Ridge Chapter, NRHS Chairman Of Virginia's Rail Heritage Region
Partners
Lynchburg, Va.