N&W Surviving Stations Part 2

Fri Feb 28 09:19:49 EST 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 8:31 PM, Lois wrote:

> However, there is one location I have a question about. It is Baskerville,

> VA. It was located on the list as being a N&W station, though on Google Maps

> it seemed to link up more with the Virginian. Do any of you know of the

> connections with this station?

>From the 1955 topi map of the area downloaded from the USGS, what

shows up now as the Great Creek Reservoir Spur Trail on Google maps
was at one time the Atlantic and Danville Railway line.

The USGS Map Store has topo maps available for download for free, from
the most recent maps stretching back to the late 1800s. It is a great
resource for research. See
https://store.usgs.gov/b2c_usgs/usgs/maplocator/(xcm=r3standardpitrex_prd&layout=6_1_61_50_2&uiarea=2&ctype=areaDetails&carea=0000000009)/.do
or http://tinyurl.com/pw96n2b

Bruce in Blacksburg