Sat Feb 22 16:44:45 EST 2014

Skip; your tail end story reminded me that simiilar things can happen this side of the Atlantic. I had a genuine experience in our local supermarket a few months ago. The shop advertised a 'Meal for 2' for £10 (about $15) with a choice of starter, main course, side dish, and desert. plus a bottle of wine. The individual items added up to something over £15, so there was quite a saving. I collected two such meals, and at the check-out was asked for a higher price than the £20 expected. I protested, and the girl at the till said "You have not put the wines in" So I went back to the shelves and added two bottles, and the price duly came down!
Best wishes, Ted Roberts (UK member)
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 1:13 PM
Subject: "Takin' Twenty" with the Virginian Brethren by Skip Salmon

Then there's this: "The $2.99 Senior Special". An elderly couple went to breakfast at a restaurant where the 'seniors' special was two eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast for $2.99. 'Sounds good', my wife said. 'But I don't want the eggs..' 'Then, I'll have to charge you $3.49 because you're ordering a la carte.' the waitress warned her. 'You mean I'd have to pay for not taking the eggs?' my wife asked incredulously. 'YES', stated the waitress.. 'I'll take the special then', my wife said. 'How do you want your eggs?' the waitress asked. 'Raw and in the shell,' my wife replied. She took the two eggs home and baked a cake. DON'T MESS WITH SENIORS!

Time to pull the pin on this one.

Departing Now from V248,

Skip Salmon

DVI