Blue SD35

Thu Feb 20 11:42:17 EST 2014

Thanks Harry...

Based on the shot I have of 1531 during 1972 at Bluefield in black with white NW its highly doubtful it was painted blue following repairs in 1970. It wouldn't be very logical based on how the N&W did business to paint it blue and within 2 years repaint it again in black with white NW.

Relating to 1550, we were unable to locate any shots of it thus far.

The question was posed about blue GP-35's.......of the N&W High Hood models I can say beyond the shadow of a doubt that 1314, 1317, and 1321 were Pevler Blue. Looking through my 200 series GP-35 shots I found none in the Pevler Blue scheme. I recall seeing former Wabash low short hood/non dynamic braked units in blue but haven't located any shots of them in this scheme in my files yet.

Regards,
Ed Painter