Blue SD35

Wed Feb 19 17:25:17 EST 2014

1529 - I have a 3 slides of 1529.....In Princeton in 1972 in black with yellow/gold 1/2 moon heralds and Norfolk and Western spelled out on the long hood as delivered from EMD. I also have 2 shots of it at Dillonvale/Pine Valley, OH in 1976 with it painted black with NW in white. Not much chance this locomotive was ever painted blue.

1550 - I don't have any shots of 1550 but have a call into a retired NS friend and roster shot "nut" Dave Hyer to see if he has any shots of this unit.

1531 - I have 2 slides 1531 - Bluefield during 1972 and Lynchburg in 1984 both with the unit painted black with white NW lettering. Harry what was the date when this unit was wrecked?

Harry.....I have a shot of N&W RS-3 307 in blue at Sandusky in 1974 (I have additional 300 series RS-3 shots at Sandusky that I hope to find as I currently cleaning-up my 35mm slide files...)

If Dave has info on 1550 I'll communicate it.

Ed Painter