NW maroon C30-7 s

Sun Feb 16 22:34:15 EST 2014

I posted this earlier but it apparently got shuffled. NW GE C30-7 8010
arrived in Roanoke late winter '78/early '79. I photographed the unit
trailing sisters 8011 and 8012 (in black) near Salem (actually Elliston) VA
on an east bound freight. I saw the unit go through Vicker and had to have
a photo. Best I remember this was a complete surprise to everyone. The
photo wasn't the best nor was it the worst. I submitted it to TRAINS and
was awarded half of the rear cover March 1979 issue. Instead of trying to
find my issue I took the easy way out! Found it on eBay with the back cover
scanned. Item number: 251433818635. Enjoy!
Charlie Long
Lynchburg