Roanoke Track Work

Wed Jan 29 16:07:34 EST 2014

I will admit that I haven't followed this project extremely close, but mainly through Ron Davis' excellent photo coverage over the past few months.

However, I believe that most of the work to date has been signal installation and all that that encompasses, not counting the removal of the old passenger platform behind the former station (OWLM). While the signal construction work is progressing, none of them has been "cut in", or activated. That's because the tracks are still intact in their original alignment, and therefore still need the original signals in order to operate.

I have heard (and I'm sticking my neck out a little because I am not privy to any special info) that the major track work will begin sometime in March, or there about.

Jeff Sanders

But very little work has been done in front of the RailCam.

Craig Close      BORHS/C&A Live Steam
Balimer, Merlan
OK: Far West Catonsville
OR: Greater Oella