Bay Coast Rwy. Pullman car

Tue Jan 28 19:30:38 EST 2014

The car in question appears to be N&W MOW bunk-diner-cook car #521410. There is a picture of it on page 123 of the Morning Sun N&W equipment guide by Jim Nichols.

As far as I can tell, all of the Pullman heavyweight sleepers purchased by N&W after the Pullman anti-trust suit had air-conditioning installed, which means this was not one of those cars. It may be an ex Nickel Plate or Wabash car, or a second hand Pullman N&W bought expressly for converting to MOW service.

I assume you have already contacted Bay Coast Railway to see if they could provide any information, at least where they purchased it from?

Marty Flick
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2014 7:31 PM
Subject: Bay Coast Rwy. Pullman car

Does anyone know the history of the Pullman Plan 3410 12 Section - 1 Drawing Room sleeper that is painted for the Bay Coast Rwy.? We (members of the Railway Preservation News forum) are trying to nail down the history of this car. It is believed that this car is formerly a N&W car that had been used in Maintenance of Way service. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

--

jerry
<jmlaboda at gmail.com>

HAVING AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE...

PROUD FATHER OF A MILITARY MAN!!!

Passenger Car Photo Index -- UPDATED 11/11/13 WITH OVER 8244 NEW LINKS ADDED!!!
<http://passcarphotos.info>

N-scale Varnish Passenger Car User's Guide
<http://n-scalevarnish.info/index/varnish/UsersGuide/>

Southern Railway Historical & Modeling Resources - FINALLY updated 2 JANUARY 2012!!!
<http://southernmodeler.info/>

Appreciate Freedom??? Thank a Veteran!!!

-----
No virus found in this message.