Roanoke Passenger Service Returns

Wed Jan 22 09:26:34 EST 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Charlie wrote:

> Keep in mind this is an overall plan that has several improvements, related

> to and not, the Regional extension to Big Lick. The Roanoke to Altavista

> clearance improvements are most likely double stacks as Harry has mentioned

> just like improvements for the Crescent and Heartland Corridors. Any Lynwood

> - Roanoke traffic with double stacks run through Lynchburg.

OK, that makes sense -- NS agrees to play ball in extending passenger
service, but gets the state to pay for other improvements that will
benefit its freight service. Works for me -- I suppose if the right
questions would have been asked by the Roanoke Times rewriter (can't
bring myself to call them reporters any more) then this all would have
been explained. Now about the wye and platform work in Lynchburg . .
.

Bruce in Blacksburg