Arthur VA near Elliston

Wed Jan 1 14:25:11 EST 2014

I have a question I would like to pose to those who know.

There is an alternate alignment on the Christiansburg grade at Arthur.
I have walked this grade, and it is a very old grade. My question
is, is this the remains of an old shoofly track, or is it the original
alignment?

Ben:
Despite cussing and pounding the computer,
I can't get the jpg to open. Can't recall
source, but at one time there was a tunnel
between Shawsville and Montgomery tunnels.
My guess is it was at the road crossing
east of the middle track. Maybe there was
a shoofly there while the tunnel was being
daylighted. Harry Bundy