2156 and 2050 restoration

Wed Dec 25 14:05:05 EST 2013

I have been reading posts on this restoration thread for a while now. Lynn
has pretty much nailed a point and someone else also made a point about a
wreck and the equipment needed along with the right track. That all being
said one only has to look to the left side of our country! The UP's steam
program as far as I understand it from what I have read (IE no actual
experience!) looks like the blueprint for any large steam operation. Let's face
facts here "Only" a large corporation like UP and hopefully NS can fully
shoulder the immense cost and logistics needed to fully make these huge engines
run! No club or museum could even consider putting a BigBoy back in service
let alone a Challenger and another Loco at the same time let alone any one
of them. That's why UP has a "STEAM OPERATIONS DEPT" with a real budget!

The one fact that cannot be denied is that without the love labor and
financial support of countless clubs museums and smalltown USA's out there
"NONE" of these huge engines would even exist! They would have met the scrappers
torch decades ago!

I hope and pray and donate to one day see 611 under steam again! I missed
her last time! I will not make that mistake again!
Ray Russell Sr.
Modeling the N & W Pocahontas Division circa 1958 in HO

In a message dated 12/20/2013 7:20:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,