Restoration candidates

Sat Dec 14 09:51:43 EST 2013

Being a BIG Y class fan, (My email is Y3a…) The 2156 would be my choice to be restored, front frame crack and all. The Y3 is much older, slower and I understand its in horrid condition. Being it has built up frames, an even older BL FWH and such, I don't think it would be a good investment for a rebuild.

The M2 loco's would be a lot of fun but they aren't that fast, but are as powerful as any mike.

I think it would be great to see 2156 going up Saluda without a slip, or slow down, pulling 40 passenger cars but I may only see that on someones model railroad.

Mark Lindsey
y3a at earthlink.net
STUCK IN THE 1930's.