Kenova Belt Line

Thu Dec 12 14:01:39 EST 2013

I seem to recall seeing the term in an older N&W Magazine article about Kenova.

In addition, Roanoke's Belt line was originally conceived as a much longer around the city line. An 1892 Roanoke City map depicts the line running all the way around the city through the south east. Of course, the line was not actually built until after the turn of the century, and it never was more built than it sits today, out of service, with no direct connection to the Punkin Vine headed south.

Ken Miller