Takin Twenty 498

Thu Nov 21 16:01:33 EST 2013

I remember Mail Pouch chewing tobacco signage and perhaps ads from my first summer in Wythe County and Wytheville (40 years ago this last summer should you ask, long after steam in the valley and after the ending of passenger service - though as in Durham City England, the sound of the freight trains lulled me to sleep up on the farm south of town - the tracks were just down the mountain and I may have some pix from then to scan) though whether anyone I knew chewed it I don't recall.

For fun http://youtu.be/Zr7teSv-FV4

Dominic
London
UK

I walked 12 miles for the Pirate Castle for the 4th time on June 22nd - please help bysponsoring me

>Sent: Thursday, 21 November 2013, 13:36

>Subject: Takin Twenty 498

>11-20-13 Takin Twenty

><snip>

>Several years ago, I was

"chastised" for remembering a "Chew Mail Pouch
Tobacco" sign I saw on the Wyoming Hotel in Mullens once when I
stayed there back in the early seventies. I also remember being
asked if I wanted air conditioning and was given a small electric
fan. Just recently a photo was posted on this site confirming my
recallection of that sign.

>The Jewel from the Past,

like those in a 21 jeweled Elgin, D. W. Raymond with "box car"