N&W Water Tank Sign

Sun Nov 3 22:12:33 EST 2013

These signs have been reproduced in the last 20 years. There is no way to tell the difference, as they are not marked as such in any way. I have a repro set, they were not drilled and tapped for mounting, but that is easily fixed.

Two repros were sold at a railroad estate auction in Wytheville two weeks ago, The person who bought the water sign was buying it for someone else, and knew it was a repo, and the person he was buying it for knew it was a repo.

They were made off the original patterns, so there is nothing to discern a difference.

Originals are very scarce, but unless you have one that mounts on the cast base, I'd say they are highly suspect.

Ken Miller