Amercian Manganese Company at Crimora

Tue Oct 22 15:37:00 EDT 2013

I think the mines at Crimora lasted well into the 20th century. My dad grew up in Crimora, and he was well aware of the mines' existence. He was able to point out to me, for example, the location of the barn used for housing the donkeys that worked in the mines. The mines area in Crimora is now the location of private residences. For the record, there was also manganese mining near Vesuvius.
Lois J. Ponton
N&W steam historian

Sent from my Galaxy S®III