Roanoke Junction

Tue Oct 15 23:50:27 EDT 2013

Richard,

Thanks for the trivia photo of the OEBML. I'm pretty sure that was painted on the tracks to help the Car Inspectors identify the tracks, as they walked across the yard looking for the track they needed to work. That way, they didn't have to look back and recount the tracks several times before they got to the correct track.

Jeff Sanders

With all the talk about the "Old East Bound Main" I thought I would share
this photo from March, 2004. This was taken just West on the other side of the
bridge from the Virginia Museum of Transportation.

Thanks,

Richard D. Shell
Troutville, VA