Current incarnation of W.R.Coe

Wed Oct 2 17:30:57 EDT 2013

For those who missed my article on the Virginian's W. R. Coe tugboat and its later reincarnations as the N&W's R. B. Claytor and the Boston Towing and Transportation Company's Karen Tibbetts and, later, Ethel Tibbetts, the article can be found under the title, "Floating Locomotives, Part 1," in the Nov/Dec 2005 issue of The Arrow, Vol. 21, No. 6.

The article included a picture of the newly launched Coe undergoing sea trials in New York Harbor, profile and plan drawings of the Coe, a picture of her engine, and pictures of her in the service of the N&W and the Boston company.

Gordon Hamilton
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 1:39 PM
Subject: Re: Current incarnation of W.R.Coe

She looks good; somebody's taken good care of her.

Dave Phelps

My friend and fellow NWHS member John Teichmoeller passed this along to me. This is a photo of the ex-VGN tug W. R. Coe, taken in Oyster Bay, Long Island by Paul Strubeck, a friend of John's.

Here are some more photos from Paul:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12bridge/sets/72157628361321969/

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD