N&W signal route diagrams

Wed Sep 18 01:19:50 EDT 2013

The dispatcher or tower operator may still be able to give the signal a
permissive indication,
but a quick look at the rule book indications a stop and proceed is only
indicated by a sign on a single target signal.
There isnt any direct stop and proceed signal light indication.
If the signals were able, a flashing red could indicate that but it isnt
in the rulebook and it looks like technically they couldnt or didnt do
that. Semaphores couldnt, the position lights reflected semaphore
indications plus.
You would already know you might be following a train, you would most
likely get dispatcher clearance to stop and proceed watching for
obstructions.
Didnt most signals have a callbox?

-Lynn-