Signals at interlockings part 2

Wed Aug 14 20:25:29 EDT 2013

On 8/13/2013 6:07 PM, NW Mailing List wrote:

> Jimmy,

> I'm assuming intermediate signals are "intermediate" to interlockings,

> so is this another way of saying block signals or are there other nuances?

> Jim Cochran

Jim,
"Intermediate" signals are those signals between "Home" or
"Controled" signals. The dispatcher has no control over them. They will
line up according to the current of traffic. If the spacing of signals
is such that two intermediate signals are side by side (one facing in
one direction and one the other direction) and no less than the second
signal away from a Home signal, that each could display a clear aspect.

Jimmy Lisle