Approach Restricting

Wed Aug 7 14:01:54 EDT 2013

Interesting. I believe this would have been pre-NS, late 70's, maybe
early 80's. I don't have the signal number handy, but it was on the EB
main at 2nd St crossing. Diverging Approach Diverging would apply to the
first of two control signals along a diverging route without intermediate
signals, as Ben mentioned earlier referring to VN and Union St.

With control signals literally just city blocks apart at Park, 2nd, 1st,
Jefferson, Randolph. . ., this would seem to be a target-rich environment
for this aspect and therein may lie the rub. Jimmy, if you've never seen
it, what I saw was possibly a field trial when the aspect was first adopted
by the N&W, then the idea was scrapped likely due to cost, disruption,
and/or lack of need (Randolph Street Tower had managed all those years
without it).

Grant Carpenter

> Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 20:59:44 -0400

> Subject: Re: Approach Restricting

> On 8/6/2013 6:34 PM, NW Mailing List wrote:

> > The one "Diverging Aproach Diverging" I've seen was Roanoke EB at 2nd

Ave