line poles

Thu Aug 1 08:52:04 EDT 2013

I believe I remember working on the line gang out of Roanoke during my apprenticeship, and having Ralph Holloway tell me that most of the company power transformers were 4160 volts AC.....
Skip Salmon
---- NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> wrote:

4400VAC?).  Signal, code line, telegraph, telephone were carried on the lower cross arms.  The two white insulators were for the telephone line to the dispatcher in the older days.  Train crews could carry a telephone that could be clipped to these.

On Behalf Of NW Mailing List