Hello again

Mon Jul 15 07:22:16 EDT 2013

I recall that Santa Trains also ran out of Lynchburg around 1960, going to Forest and return on the old main line.

Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2013 4:37 PM
To: nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org
Subject: Hello again

Lots of freight has shipped since I last rode this email train!

I have to catch up some. But, am looking for info specifically about N&W Santa Trains that ran from Petersburg to Norfolk in the 1940s-1960s. Who sponsored them, who the Santa was played by, how many there were, etc etc. I have a watercolor painted by a senior man of his memory of Santa getting off the train coming thru the steam (does that date the train?) when he was about 6 or 7 years old.

I have yet to read the posts that came today, my first day back on the mail list, so I'll get reading...

Jane March