H Reid

Tue Jun 25 17:16:16 EDT 2013

We're seeing bits and pieces, probably from those $100 boxes, showing up on
ebay from time to time. I have a couple of his prints with complete
descriptions on the back that I got on ebay myself.

Greg Harrod

I believe it was 1994, I think one of the last times I went to the
Gaithersburg Railroadiana show, some folks from the Old Dominion Chapter NRHS sold
a lot of the collection for Virginia Reid. Among the many things were
boxes of photos, usually like a 24x24x12 box full of prints, contact prints, no
order, no logic. There were probably a dozen boxes, I think it was $100 a
box. I bought two boxes and a bunch of other N&W and VGN timetables, a lot
of the hardware had already been sold before getting to the show. I
specifically recall that they had me make the check out to Virginia Reid. Now,
this was not the negatives, I heard that the intent was to go to Elon, but I
don't know if they ever did or not.

Ken Miller