Derailments in Roanoke

Mon Jun 10 00:56:39 EDT 2013

I walked out on the 10th street overpass in Roanoke Sunday afternoon
to photograph some new gondolas from FreightCar America when I noticed
Cranemasters working at rerailing some 86' Auto parts box cars west
of 10th street.
http://www.krunk.org/~joeshaw/pics/temp/derail-west-1.jpg

A short time later I noticed the boxcar they were rerailing was
slowly rolling east with some people in hard-hats slowly following
it.
http://www.krunk.org/~joeshaw/pics/temp/derail-west-2.jpg

The car slowly pulled away from the hard hats toward the east end of
the yard, where the yard tracks have derails in place for just such
an event:
http://www.krunk.org/~joeshaw/pics/temp/derail-east-1.jpg
http://www.krunk.org/~joeshaw/pics/temp/derail-east-2.jpg
http://www.krunk.org/~joeshaw/pics/temp/derail-east-3.jpg
http://www.krunk.org/~joeshaw/pics/temp/derail-east-4.jpg
http://www.krunk.org/~joeshaw/pics/temp/derail-east-5.jpg

A closer look at the original derailment:
http://www.krunk.org/~joeshaw/pics/temp/derail-west-3.jpg

Joe Shaw
Christiansburg, VA
http://www.krunk.org/