Strangers in High Point, NC

Mon May 20 09:11:35 EDT 2013

I didn't realize they were also putting the admiral cabs on locomotives
that were already low short hoods. But, with the added safety factor of
the newer cabs I can see why they would replace them.

I will always prefer the look of a high short hood locomotive, but I guess
eventually they will all disappear. They are not practical as compared to
the newer cab designs, nor are they as safe in my opinion. But, I'm not a
trainman, so maybe my opinion doesn't count for much.

But, I do know how to make the signal change colors! Ha Ha!

Ben Blevins