Self fuel satisfaction

Tue Apr 23 20:07:32 EDT 2013

I have pondered this question for a very long time, and would like to throw it into the pot.
The N&W was a coal hauler, that used coal to power its own locomotives, and I'm sure many other things such as heating, electricity ect.
Where did this coal come from?
How was it delivered/divided up for its own usage, and where delivered to?
How was it paid for, and who got the payment for this coal?
Thank you for your time, and all the great info passed on from such knowledgeable people, to those of us who are just inquisitive of OUR N&W/VGN.

Jeffrey Wood
N&W VGN Hist. Soc.
Southern Ohio Railway Enthusiast