Surviving cars from 1956 wreck

Fri Mar 1 16:30:45 EST 2013

I am curious if anyone here knows the present status of any of the cars that was in the train behind J 611 in the wreck of the Pocahontas in January 23, 1956. Only one car, P-3 coach #539, I have traced, which is now owned by the Watauga Valley Chapter, NRHS. The other cars in the train: N&W BEj baggage/express #123, N&W M1 RPO #94, N&W PM class coaches 1727, 1729 and 1734, a unknown PM class tavern-lounge, a heavyweight DE diner and three Pullman sleepers. Any assistance in this matter will be welcomed.
Lois J. Ponton
Friends of the 611