"OP" engines (WAS Re: Arrow Train Master article)

Mon Jan 21 21:15:20 EST 2013

Pete

You are right about the Deltics, first put into regular service in
1961-1962. Nothing sounds like them ==>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJtd9cSZkao
The wiki page has an interesting history, very similar to the F-M OP
diesels. ==> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napier_Deltic

This locomotive is on my "wish list" for my 1:32 outdoor railroad as I
have plenty of BR period coaches for it.

Jim Stapleton
Purcellville VA