Getting History right! An Editorial

Wed Jan 2 16:55:56 EST 2013

I must say that the reply to my question about not making
corrections to the Shenandoah Di.v book struck a nerve in me. Why, some
of you may ask? I guess in my naive mind it is because I thought we were
FIRST a Historical Society! I thought we were a non-profit organization.
I guess I was hoping that getting history right, or at least trying to,
took precedence over stuffing money in our pockets. The flippant reply
to my question, by who knows who, appears to have proved me wrong on all
counts.
Did anyone even ask if any changes needed to be made? That begs a
question for the bean counters, just how much extra would it cost to
change a few letters? Would it cost as much as say a "Hardback" edition?
I am very disappointed in the direction the N&WHS has taken in this
matter.

Jimmy Lisle

/