Passenger rail service coming to Roanoke by 2018

Tue Dec 4 12:47:10 EST 2012

Whilst it may be disappointing, 2018 isn't so far off. And we are going in the right direction at least!

I'm wondering when passenger serving Wythe County/Wytheville will make it. I think the Town plan in 2006 referred to it - the TransDominion Express - though no timescales and that dated back to a state study in the late '90s, and rough costs and no obvious funding.

Dominic Pinto BA MIEEE MITP MFITCE MIoF MRi FRSA

London UK

Policy - Strategy - Management
Fundraising - Business Development
On the web and on twitter @zorrodp
@CAMRAWestLondon

Many thanks to all who have supported WLaP 2012 - I raised £990 plus Gift Aid!
<snip>

>But the

timeline was a disappointment because it's actually three or four years
farther out than past estimates. And there’s still no promise of a way
to pay for it, the mayor said.