NW-Mailing-List Digest, Vol 88, Issue 40

Tue Nov 27 17:24:45 EST 2012

Dick:

I found the source of my confusion. The Piedmont had an Asheville
connection out of Salisbury, and somehow I had it in my head - incorrectly - that
Asheville was the train's destination. A little Google research affirms
your and Charlie's description.

During my 1973-1977 tour in the DC area I would occasionally photograph the
Piedmont at the Alexandria station, and it was during that period that it
was discontinued.

Dave Phelps

In a message dated 11/27/2012 4:26:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,