Fwd: Progress

Mon Nov 19 10:33:52 EST 2012

The Roanoke Railcam is owned by the Virginia Tech Foundation and hosted by The Hotel Roanoke (also part of the Foundation) and receives some technical support from Virginia Tech in order to provide the bandwidth needed for multiple people to view the feed simultaneously. The City of Roanoke has very kindly allowed us to place it on their bridge overlooking the tracks.
Currently, the computer supporting the feed can’t communicate with the camera. Everyone is aware there is a problem and we are committed to returning the camera to working order as quickly as possible. We hope to upgrade the system while it is down so the Roanoke Railcam will be even more enjoyable once it returns in short order. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

The Virginia Tech Foundation