Virginian Railway Heritage Trail

Wed Sep 19 09:00:11 EDT 2012

During the Virginian Day at Virginia Museum of Transportation this Saturday
there will be a press conference and a public announcement concerning a
new opportunity for Virginian research, study and just plain fun, "The
Virginian Railway Heritage Trail." Stretching from the coal piers of Norfolk,
Virginia to Charleston, West Virginia where VGN's passenger service ended,
about two dozen surviving and significant locations are identified with
information and directions provided. These locations will be structures and
facilities that were important to the success of the Virginian. The
locations will, for the most part, be identified by Virginian Railway Heritage
Trail Historical Marker signs. The information for each site will include
vintage and contemporary pictures as well as historical material and can be
found by using the Internet link on each sign and the link below. A trail guide
book will be published in the upcoming months.

I hope others will find it easier to locate, explore and learn about
interesting places we have read about and have seen in published photographs.

I hope to see you Saturday!

Aubrey Wiley

You are invited to visit this blog:
VIRGINIAN RAILWAY Heritage Trail: