Heritage Units-Brake Stick Holder

Fri Jul 27 10:59:11 EDT 2012

"They're not an eye-catcher unless you know what you're looking for. They're installed at the Webster crossover, but Jimmy, yesterday at the south end of Cloverdale, there weren't any in place.
Harry Bundy"

Harry,
I've never seen these on our line of road. Something similar to this is applied to switches in the yard. Part is mounted to the side of the rail at the switch point, with the guard (a semi-circular plate) bolted to the top. Sometimes the snowplows will hit the top of the bolts and if the bolt isn't sheared off, the bolt head will cut through the bottom lip of the plow.
There are self-guarding frogs with raised lips. I see them out there in places, but it is not something I pay a lot of attention to, can't remember where they are installed.
Maybe our resident MoW man can elborate more on this subject.

Jimmy Lisle