LC-1 and 2

Wed Jul 25 14:55:22 EDT 2012

What type of joint is there between trucks in the LC-1? Are they connected?
On the LC-1, I am trying to duplicate the window-hole frames. Is it just a trim strip like a passenger car? Does anyone know the dimensions of the LC-1 side windows?
Thanks a bunch. I live too far away to get into the archives...
Mike Shockley
N&W Guyandotte DivisionI need to ask a few questions about the LC-1 and LC2 locos for my scratchbuilding efforts. There is no glass in the windows on the sides of the LC-1, but I have seen wooden boards partly covering some windows. Is this temperature control for the equipment in the loco? The LC-2 has 4-pane windows in the side. Why do they have glass and the LC-1 doesn't.