Jawn Henry tender numbers

Fri Jul 20 23:03:17 EDT 2012

They show up on ebay every so often.

I bought mine thru ebay, expect to pay 1200-1500 bucks.

After some initial run tests and conferring with Hollywood Foundry, I
did this.
Removed 2 motors, installed one larger motor.
Swapped front truck I believe that had tower gear on the outer swing to
the rear to front/front to rear
to bring the tower gear closer to the middle of the dual truck swing,
requiring some frame cutting to fit, adjusted worm shaft gears to fit.
replaced rubber shaft drive between trucks with NWSL modded
universal drive shaft, filing off excess, its a tight small fit but works.
None of my gears were split so I was fine. A lot of tweaking and testing
went on here it took me a few months of trying this ordering parts,
trying that making sure every step was right and decision done
carefully. I added DCC and superbright LED's and this engine will take
24 inch radius curves.
Also I had to isolate the frames electrically, I used of all things
Kadee coupler boxes modded around on the pivots.
Same thing on the tenders, Isolate the trucks using Kadee boxes. Parts
on the tender/engine can touch and short, thats why the isolating, I put
longer couplers on it.

search youtube dinwitty you will find video on it, and search dinwitty
on the model railroader trains forum you will find my step by step
description working it.

-Lynn-

-----
No virus found in this message.