Heritage Units-Brake Stick Holder

Thu Jul 19 08:38:44 EDT 2012

All,

  I thought I would add/clarify to Skip's verbage regarding the brake stick
holders and the heritage units.

  While at Spencer for the event, I was assigned the task of photographing all
of the labels and details on all 10 of the GE heritage units (don't ask by
whom!). While reviewing the photographs that I took of the Monongahela unit last
night, I learned that this unit does not have the brake stick holder present on
either side.

  Regarding the remaining nine GE heritage units, they each have a brake stick
holder on each side. On the engineers side, it is located above the rear air
tank.  On the fireman's/conductor's side, it is located  at the rear of the
locomotive between the second and third (from the rear) stanchions.

  As for the EMD units, I can't comment as they weren't part of my scope of
work.

  For the modelers, I have drawings of the brake stick holder based on
dimensions acquired during the event. Please email me at mtarnett at bellsouth.net
and I will gladly send you a copy.

Regards,

Todd Arnett