Lamberts Point in 1968 Question29

Mon Apr 23 22:44:24 EDT 2012

While we're stirring the nest (no pun intended ...... of course!), for all my adult life I've heard the Virginian Diesels (all of' 'em, collectively) called "Yellow Jackets". What say you about that terminology? And keep it in English, por favor.

Jeff Sanders

Sent: Monday, April 23, 2012 7:16 AM
Subject: Re: Lamberts Point in 1968 Question29

Alas Abe,
Forsooth that you should tangle your brogans so!...I know this because yea, I transgressed once using the same logic and was castigated by the Guru of the VGN Greely Wyatt!.... Ironically several of the Brethren have been known to call the FM H-16-44s "Bumble Bees" because of the color and quickness. And woe..."Cornbread" Victory told me once that when the VGN first got the first FM diesel Trainmasters, they were called "Cut worms" because so many people were laid off because of them.
Skip Salmon
---- NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> wrote:

=============

Scrivit the Skipper:

Dare I "open up this can of worms" again. Abe referred to the former VGN Fairbanks Morse H-16-44 #18 (now #118) as a "Baby Trainmaster". I have heard the VGN mechanical people I know say they never called them this. FM built an H-16-66 (not 2400 HP but 1600 6-axle switcher) that was sometimes called a "Baby Trainmaster" but the VGN RWY never bought any of these.......
Skip Salmon

////////////////////////////////

All Ye Most Noble and Ever-Glorious Listers:

Lo, how easy for a simpleton to put his foot in his own mouth, and to give offense through his own ignorance!  Hail and anon !

When we alighted from the boat at Ellis Island many moons ago, my old Pappy told me, "Son, it would be better for you to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."  I should have listened to him...

Confitior omnibus Sanctis, quia peccavi nimis cogitatione, verbo et opere: mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.  Ideo precor omnes Sanctos, orare pro me ad Dominum Deum nostrum !

And I promise never to do it again... !

-- abramos
(who just fell off the turnip wagon)

PS - My feelin's ain't hurt, if yall's aint... :-)
--
SKIP SALMON