Lamberts Point in 1968 Question29

Sat Apr 21 21:36:56 EDT 2012

Scrivit the Skipper:

Dare I "open up this can of worms" again. Abe referred to the former VGN Fairbanks Morse H-16-44 #18 (now #118) as a "Baby Trainmaster". I have heard the VGN mechanical people I know say they never called them this. FM built an H-16-66 (not 2400 HP but 1600 6-axle switcher) that was sometimes called a "Baby Trainmaster" but the VGN RWY never bought any of these.......
Skip Salmon

All Ye Most Noble and Ever-Glorious Listers:

Lo, how easy for a simpleton to put his foot in his own mouth, and to give offense through his own ignorance!   Hail and anon !

When we alighted from the boat at Ellis Island many moons ago, my old Pappy told me, "Son, it would be better for you to remain silent  and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth  and remove all doubt."  I should have listened to him...

Confitior omnibus Sanctis, quia peccavi nimis cogitatione, verbo et opere: mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.  Ideo precor omnes Sanctos, orare pro me ad Dominum Deum nostrum !

And I promise never to do it again...  !

-- abramos

(who just fell off the turnip wagon)

PS - My feelin's ain't hurt, if yall's aint... :-)