NWHS Commissary update!

Fri Mar 2 15:54:57 EST 2012

*
* /*Commissary Updates*/

// *N&WHS 2012 Lynchburg Convention*
<http://www.nwhs.org/convention/2012lynchburg/>

*Thursday, June 21, through Sunday, June 24*

Location: Lynchburg, VA, on the Mainline between Roanoke and Norfolk, VA.

After ten long years, welcome back to Lynchburg! Join us as we learn
about our beloved Norfolk & Western and the Virginian. Each railroad was
known for its coal hauling capabilities in addition to passenger and
freight. A lot of the freight and coal came right through the Central
Virginia city of Lynchburg (on the N&W) and Altavista (on the Virginian)
as it made its way to Norfolk. Both lines are still heavily used today.

Saturday nights banquet speaker will be our own *Aubrey Wiley*. The
retired teacher, historian, author, and photographer will share from his
knowledge of the Virginian Railway.

*Following the OWL's Footsteps* <http://www.nwhs.org/commissary/new.html>*/
A guidebook to the sites photographed by O. Winston Link/*

Following the OWL's Footsteps is a guidebook to the sites photographed
by the late O. Winston Link along the Norfolk & Western Railroad in
Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and Maryland.

Following Link's footsteps, the author traveled up and down the
Shenandoah Valley, across Southern Virginia and even rode a bicycle on
the Virginia Creeper Trail to identify the sites where Link took his
pictures. Once a site was located, photos were taken to show what the
site looks like today. Included are locations and directions to each OWL
photo location in /Steam Steel & Stars/ and /The Last Steam Railroad in
America/.

162 pages, softcover with color photographs

*Written by NWHS member John C. Abbott*

**Retail $22.00 / Member $19.95

To see these any many other N&W/VGN products, visit the NWHS commissary!
<http://www.nwhs.org/commissary/new.html>