Beaver Pond, Ohio

Sun Feb 19 00:13:06 EST 2012

A few years ago some friends of mine and I followed the "Old Line" of the Cincinnati District Between Rarden Siding and Plum Run Rd. I photographed everything I thought was important, and most of everthing else.
In 1923, the earliest time table I have for the Peavine, the Beaver Pond Siding was 2600ft. By 1930 it had grown to 4000ft. The "New Line" eliminated the need for the old line in the late 40's.
I resently bought an Images Of America book for Adams County, Ohio that has some great pictures of the N&W Ry. in the area.
One photo shows the the siding with what they called a "flag stop shelter" at Beaver Pond.
Are there any drawings of these type of structures in the Archives that I could purchase to build a station for the model RR I am working on, modeling this Old Lin/New Line area?
Thank you for your help

Jeff Wood

Jeffrey Wood
N&W VGN Hist. Soc.