Valuation Maps

Sun Jan 29 09:56:48 EST 2012

Jeffrey:

Regarding maps of rail lines, they are available at the National
Archives outside Washington, DC, in College Park, MD, however they are
expensive. Each map typically covers a few miles of track and the last
time I went and got any maps, they were $17.50 each and it took
literally a day or the better part of one to get them. Then there's a
limit of 10 maps/day, so depending upon how many maps you might want,
it can become an expensive proposition real fast. I know or at least
knew the system, so I have that leg-up so to speak, plus I live 25
miles away.

I can go there, but once again, it's expensive and time consuming, but
rewarding if you can't find them elsewhere. There is also an
occasional missing map or series of maps but that is by far the
exception rather than the rule.

Feel free to contact me off-list ... ORLCo96782 at gmail dot com.

Bob Cohen

Today's Topics: