N&W in 1912--A sad accident

Thu Jan 5 20:16:58 EST 2012

Bluefield Daily Telegraph
March 12, 1912

THE GRAHAM DAILY NEWS
------
Editor Graham Daily News:
Didn't Push Boy Under Train
Referring to the report appearing in the Bluefield Daily Telegraph which connects my boy with being responsible for the accident to Bryant Davis on the 6th inst., I beg to state in justice to my son and his parents that I have statements from the Graham school teachers and others that clear my boy from pushing the Davis boy under the train as intimated in the newspaper reports, and I would be glad if you will kindly publish this statement. I can prove that my son was at home from 12:10 to 12:20 on the day of the accident. The railroad company's official report shows that the accident occurred at 12:15, which fact clears our boy from being with Bryant on the railroad when the accident happened.
JAMES B. YOST
Graham, Va., March 11.
------
Gordon Hamilton